The first four cards on the left hand side are all to do with Embassy officials re Tunisia! I'm certain there is a story there, don't you think? From the top left down, they are:
1. Le Chev. Antoine Conti, / Secrétaire, Interprète de l'Ambassade / Tunisienne.
2. Le Lieutenant Colonel Ramiro Gaeta, / Attaché à 'Ambassade / Tunisienne.
3. Le Général Otman Hashem, Envoyé Extraordinaire de S. A. / le Bey de Tunis.
4. Amos Perry / Consul Général / des Etats Unis d'Amérique à Tunis.
Next, the three cards set on an angle, bottom left:
5. Mr. DeWitt Van Buskirk - a member of the Hudson Historical Society Link takes you to a 32 page article he read at a meeting
6. Coleman Gray / Dentist [handwritten - left-handed, perhaps?]
7. Florence L. Telford
The cards set at an angle across from top left centre to bottom right:
8. A. J. Allen, / St. Omar's Com., No. 19, / Elmira, N.Y. - with Knight's Templar symbol [Masonry] & motto on left side of card: in hoc signo vinces
9. E. S. Bettelheim / Byrnés / Dramatic Times / New York - a promoter of dramatic events
10. Henry S. Crump / with Wm Moir / Jeweler / 373 Sixth Ave / cor. 23rd St./ NY
11. Theodore T. Munroe, / Sigma Phi Place, / Williamstown, Mass. - college friend
12. Mr. & Mrs. L. C. Smith - horizontal card across #6 & 11.
13. Wm. H. Carpenter, Jr., / National Academy of Design / Studio, 23 W 14th St. / Bet. 5th Ave. & Union Square.
14. J. W. Hotchkin / With / KNOX THE HATTER, / Fifth Ave. Hotel. Don't you love the odd lettering of his name? So odd and novel. Click through for more information on the building.
Next, in the top right corner, from corner down:
15. Charles E. Pennock.
16. Charles D. Welch
17. T. D. Patterson / Lysander, N.Y.
18. Capt. Alex S. Williams, / New York Police.
19. James T. Van Riper [handwritten] See link to Van Riper (Van Reypen) genealogy links.
20. Mr. J. Henry Albee. / 385 Fifth Avenue
And there you have it, another page completed more or less, in the Album. These cards range from friends and colleagues, to a variety of stores' owners, to theatre. Another mish-mash of a page.
If you have more information about any of these people, or would like more details (or a photo of a specific card), contact me via calewis at telus dot net, or in the Comments below.
Thanks for stopping by. I'm planning on much more regular posts for the Album in this third year!